Mary E. Reynolds
Employment, Workers' Compensation, Estate Planning and General Litigation
Mary Beth Reynolds is recognized as one of Ohio's top workers' compensation attorneys. In 2013, 2012, 2010 and 2009, she was named one by Ohio Super Lawyers as one of the top 50 female attorneys in Ohio. Mary Beth has extensive trial experience having successfully represented employers in numerous employment and workers' compensation jury trials during her career. For 2013, 2012 and 2011, Mary Beth was honored by Best Lawyers© as Akron/Canton “Lawyer of the Year” in her practice specialty.
PRACTICE AREA AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERTISE
- Represents employers in the area of employment law, with an emphasis on workers' compensation, VSSR, unemployment, wrongful discharge, discrimination, and intentional tort cases.
- Counsels employers on personnel policies and practices and compliance with state and federal employment law and regulations.
- Assists employers in aggressively managing claims and controlling workers’ compensation costs.
- Past Chair of the Workers’ Compensation Committee of the Ohio State Bar Association.
- Member of the Workers’ Compensation Specialty Board of the Ohio State Bar Association.
- Certified by the Ohio State Bar Association as a Specialist in Workers’ Compensation Law.
- Inducted: Stark State College of Technology Alumni Hall of Fame.
- Named: Akron-Canton "Lawyer of the Year" for 2011 by Best Lawyers ®
- Listed: The Best Lawyers in America®
- Listed: Super Lawyers General Counsel Edition
- Listed: Ohio Super Lawyers,™ as voted by her peers (2004-2011).
- In addition, she is listed among the Ohio Super Lawyers'™ Top 50 Women for 2012, 2010 and 2011.
University of Akron School of Law (J.D., 1983)
Kent State University (B.A., summa cum laude, 1980)
Frequently speaks on Workers’ Compensation and Employment Law, including presentations at continuing legal education seminars for the Ohio State Bar Association CLE Institute, Lorman Education Services.
COURTS & BAR ASSOCIATIONS
Ohio Bar (1983)
U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
Member: Ohio State Bar Association (Past Chair, Workers’ Compensation Committee; Member, Workers' Compensation Specialty Board)
Member: Stark County Bar Association (Workers’ Compensation, Labor & Employment, Bar Applicants Committees)
PROFESSIONAL & CIVIC AFFILIATIONS
- Member of Board of Trustees Jackson Belden Chamber of Commerce
- Member and Past President: Canton Student Loan Foundation
- Member: Alumni Advisory Council, Stark State College of Technology
- Member, Board of Trustees, Pathway Care for Children
- President-Elect, Jackson Township Rotary Club
- Past President, Board of Trustees, Canton YWCA (1997)
- Past President, Board of Trustees, Canton Ballet (2003)