Kristina M. Harless
EMPLOYMENT LAW, WORKERS’ COMPENSATION LAW AND GENERAL LITIGATION
Kristina has extensive experience handling legal matters involving workers’ compensation, and advises clients regarding employment law-related matters. She regularly recommends strategies to help her clients be proactive in developing effective workplace policies to minimize costs associated with workers’ compensation claims. When necessary, she aggressively defends employers’ rights before the Industrial Commission of Ohio across the state. Kristina also counsels clients regarding state and federal employment laws such as the Fair Labor Standards Act, the American with Disabilities Act, and the Family and Medical Leave Act.
Kristina also has a wide range of experience in handling family law matters which can have a profound effect on a client’s personal and business life. Kristina is experienced in resolving these sensitive matters and strives to do what is best long term for all involved. She provides representation in all areas of family law, including divorce, dissolution, child custody and support issues, and prenuptial agreements.
Kristina has experience in courts throughout Northeast Ohio in and regularly helps individuals resolve legal problems through:
- Divorce including complex asset divisions, and retirement plans
- Child custody and support
- Grandparent Rights
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Post Decree matters, including contempt and matters involving minor children
Kristina understands that contemplating divorce or dissolution, or dealing with issues concerning children or support can be very emotional, upsetting, and difficult. Kristina will work with you to help you understand your legal rights, fight for your best interests, and help guide you through complicated legal proceedings.
Kristina obtained her J.D. in 1999 from The University of Akron School of Law, and holds a Bachelors of Arts degree in history from Mary Washington College
- The University of Akron School of Law, J.D., 1999
- Mary Washington College, B.A., 1991
COURTS AND BAR ASSOCIATIONS
- Ohio Bar
- United States Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- United States District Court, Northern and Southern Districts of Ohio
- Member: Ohio State Bar Association, Workers’ Compensation and Labor and Employment Law Committees
- Member: Stark County Bar Association, Family Law and Workers’ Compensation Law Committees
PROFESSIONAL & CIVIC AFFILIATIONS
- Crisis Intervention and Recover Center, Board of Directors and Past President
- Stark County Law Library Association, Board of Directors