We take workers’ compensation seriously, because we understand the impact that workers’ compensation costs have on a company’s bottom line. A single claim can cost a self-insured employer hundreds of thousands of dollars or force a small state-funded employer out of group rating. We also know that a troublesome claim can translate into a human resources headache, particularly when the claim involves other laws such as the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA). Our workers’ compensation attorneys are certified as “specialists” by the Ohio State Bar Association and recognized as leaders in the field. Our aggressive approach to workers’ compensation claims management has won a loyal following from clients of all sizes, ranging from Fortune 500 companies to small businesses.
We represent state-funded, self-insured and public employers before the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation (BWC), the Industrial Commission of Ohio (ICO) and all Ohio courts. Our expertise includes representing and defending employers in the following areas:
- Claim allowance hearings
- Court appeals under RC 4123.512
- Temporary Total (TT), Permanent Partial Disability (PPD) and Permanent Total Disability (PTD) hearings
- Asbestosis, Manganese Poisoning and other occupational disease claims
- Violation of Specific Safety Requirement (VSSR) claims
- Premium rate disputes
- BWC Audits
- Self-Insured Complaints
- Comprehensive medical record collection and background searches
- Preparation of effective Independent Medical Examination (IME) letters
In addition, we have substantial experience counseling employers on “light-duty” and “return to work” issues; assisting employers with implementing effective injury reporting procedures; and preparing clear and effective investigation forms and procedures. We have found that our clients have achieved tremendous cost savings by following our recommendations.