OSHA/ Workplace Safety
Morrow & Meyer LLC maintains a nationwide practice in the area of OSHA compliance and workplace safety litigation. A catastrophic workplace accident can result in extensive employer liability on at least three fronts: (1) OSHA citations; (2) an expensive workers’ compensation and VSSR claim; and (3) civil liability in the form of an intentional tort or negligence lawsuit.
In our experience, employers are best able to contain and limit their liability exposure by immediately involving experienced legal counsel and safety professionals in the accident investigation process. At Morrow & Meyer LLC, we take an active role in directing the accident investigation. Our clients benefit from the protection of the attorney-client privilege as well as the wisdom and experience of attorneys who have assisted employers in more than one hundred fatal and multi-fatal workplace accidents. Simply put: We recognize the pitfalls and know how to avoid them.
Our Workplace Safety services include the following:
- Confidential and privileged accident investigation
- Representation during OSHA Inspections and Informal Settlement Conferences
- Defense of OSHA citations and representation before the Occupational Safety & Health Review Commission
- Defense of MSHA citations and representation before the Federal Mine Safety & Health Review Commission
- Defense of OSHA Section 11(c) discrimination / retaliation claims
- Defense of Corporate-wide OSHA investigations, egregious citations and penalties and matters under OSHA’s Severe Violator Enforcement Program (SVEP).
- Defense of Violation of Specific Safety Requirement (VSSR) claims
- Defense of intentional tort and negligence lawsuits arising out of workplace injuries
- Development and preparation of effective safety manuals, safety rules, OSHA inspection procedures and workplace accident reporting and investigation forms
- OSHA Variance Applications