Tod T. Morrow
Employment, Labor, Workers’ Compensation, OSHA defense and General Litigation
Tod Morrow is a co-founder of Morrow & Meyer LLC and serves as President of the firm. He primarily represents companies in workers’ compensation, labor, employment and general litigation matters. For 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010 and 2009, Tod was recognized by Ohio Super Lawyers as one of the top 100 attorneys in Ohio. He is regularly listed in The Best Lawyers in America, Ohio Super Lawyers and Super Lawyers Corporate Counsel Edition . In 2011, Tod was honored by Best Lawyers® as Akron-Canton “Lawyer of the Year” in his practice specialty.Mr. Morrow has established a national OSHA practice, representing employers in OSHA defense matters throughout the United States. Tod’s OSHA expertise includes defending employers in cases before the U.S. Occupational Safety & Health Review Commission as well as Section 11(c) retaliation / whistleblower cases and matters involving OSHA’s Severe Violator Enforcement Program.
PRACTICE AREA AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERTISE
- Represents employers in all areas of employment law with an emphasis on defending employers in discrimination, wrongful discharge, wage and hour, whistleblower, retaliation, intentional tort, OSHA, VSSR, unemployment and workers’ compensation cases.
- Traditional labor relations experience includes counseling employers on union avoidance, defense of union organization campaigns, collective bargaining, and representation of employers in grievance arbitrations as well as unfair labor practice proceedings before the NLRB.
- Counsels employers on personnel policies and practices, attendance control issues and compliance with state and federal employment laws and regulations.
- Assists companies in aggressively managing and controlling workers’ compensation costs.
- Substantial experience counseling and representing employers in workplace fatality and catastrophic accident situations.
- Listed: The Best Lawyers in America®
- Listed: Super Lawyers General Counsel Edition
- Consistently recognized as one of Ohio’s Super Lawyers™ in Cincinnati Magazine, as voted by his peers.
- Certified by the Ohio State Bar Association as a Specialist in Workers’ Compensation.
The Ohio State University College of Law (J.D., 1989)
Kent State University (M.A., 1986)
Mount Union College (B.A., magna cum laude, 1983)
Frequently writes and speaks on Employment Law, Workers’ Compensation Law, and OSHA Law, including presentations at continuing national webinars and legal education seminars for National Business Institute, Lorman Education Services, Ohio Health Care Association, The Ohio Labor Letter and the Akron and Stark County Bar Associations.
Recent presentation topics include:
- OSHA’s Severe Violator Enforement Program: Is Your Company Next?
- There’s A New Sheriff in Town: Workplace Safety in the Age of Obama”, Lorman Education Services.
- “Undocumented Workers and Workers’ Compensation: Are They Eligible for Benefits”, Lorman Education Services.
- “Employment Law 101: The Do’s and Don’ts of Discharge”, Ohio Assisted Living Association.
- “Squealer’s Rights: How to Recognize and Avoid Liability for Workers’ Compensation and Safety Related Retaliation Claims”, Ohio Safety Congress and Expo.
- “Successful Strategies for Controlling Workers’ Compensation Costs”, Lorman National Seminar.
- “Navigating Your Way Through the Disability Minefield: How the ADA, FMLA and Other Laws Can Complicate the Process of Getting Injured Workers Back to Work”, Ohio Safety Expo.
- “Workers’ Compensation and the ‘Art of War’: Successful Strategies for Controlling Workers’ Compensation Costs”, Ohio Safety Congress & Expo.
- “How to Avoid Whistleblower and Retaliation Lawsuits”, Stark County Human Resources Association.
- “Workplace Accidents: How to Minimize Your Company’s Liability Exposure”, Ohio Safety Congress & Expo.
- “Effective Claims Management”, H.J. Heinz Annual Safety Conference, Bonita Springs, FL.
- “Employment Law for Medical Office Managers”, Stark Health Managers Association.
- “OSHA Compliance for Nursing Homes”, Ohio Health Care Association.
- “Avoiding Liability for Employment Discrimination”, SHRM.
- “Effective Use of Employee Separation Agreements”.
- “OSHA Compliance Update in Ohio”, National Business Institute Seminar.
- “Selecting and Terminating Employees”, Lorman Education Services.
- “Advanced Workers’ Compensation in Ohio”, National Business Institute.
- “Avoiding OSHA Citations and Liabilities in Ohio”, Lorman Education Services.
COURTS AND BAR ASSOCIATIONS
Ohio Bar (1989)
United States Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
United States District Court, Northern and Southern Districts of Ohio
Member: Ohio State Bar Association, Workers’ Compensation and Labor and Employment Law Committees
Member: Stark County Bar Association, Workers’ Compensation and Labor and Employment Law Committees.